Saturday, July 30, 2022

Five Months in Florida

What we've been up to:

It's been five months in our new home of Florida. I was able to get three cucumbers off of our cucumber plant, but the temperatures have been too high, and the plant is now out of commission. Rumor is: autumn is a good time to start planting again. 



I've been making my own butter. I love it! My husband bought me a legitimate butter container; therefore, I no longer need to use a glass bowl anymore. In addition, after I remove the butter from the buttermilk, I use the buttermilk to make pancakes or waffles the next day. 


Here's Dodger wishing he could get to the waffles.


We found a great produce stand nearby where we get all of our produce: Parksdale Farm. This one night we visited just to get some ice cream, which was pretty good, too. My girls and I were just fooling around.



I've been enjoying the different skies. Often overcast, sometimes flashing with lightning and rumbling with thunder, beautiful sunsets, and one morning it was sunny with a rainbow. 





Most mornings I like to take Dodger for a walk and the sky is always beautiful.


Our lives are full of lizards. Dodgers goes crazy over them, hunting constantly. There are a few lizards running around in the yard without tails.



My girls participated in a summer intensive at a nearby dance studio. At the end of the week they had a little performance. 


My 17-year old graduated in June. She took a few pictures downtown for graduation announcements. Just for fun. She doesn't live in pointe shoes, but it was a big part of what she did and focused on during in high school. And one day she would like to operate a dance studio for kids and choreograph her own Nutcracker.



One morning someone's goat visited our property. 


We spent July 3rd with some friends from church who put on a huge firework show, which was a lot of fun. It's our first Fourth of July in the FREE PART OF AMERICA! 


Most of our time is spent taking care of my dad, and this month he ended up with pneumonia and spent two nights in the hospital. He is at home now and regaining his strength. 

We have also been looking at homes in Hillsborough and Polk counties. 

And we found a great place to purchase pointe shoes in Lakeland. Yay!



Finally, here's a little meme about Gavin Newsom because he stepped in it when he opened his big mouth, claiming to be for individual liberty and freedom. He was the first governor to lockdown free citizens; he  locked students out of schools longer than any governor; and he continues to grant himself emergency powers using the health department to institute countless regulations and restrictions on individuals,  businesses, churches, and livelihoods. I can tell you from experience, Gavin Newsom has a dangerously warped idea of freedom. 

Just a friendly reminder: You do not want America to resemble California; 
hence do not vote for this self-aggrandizing, egotistical, arrogant, power-thirsty authoritarian:

Florida Gov. DeSavage vs. California Gov. Newsom

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're enjoying life in Florida! I went to my first fireworks show this year, too - it was in a small town, but the show rivaled ANY I've seen on TV or from a big city. Still not loving the heat, but if I can survive till late August and the arrival of cooler weather, I guess I'll be acclimated. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, Marian! (I totally forgot I had this post set to publish before I edited it. Yikes!) Anyway, so without saying too much, I take it you've made the move. It must be a big change in climate; however, I know it gets cold where you are now. My friend moved to the same state on New Year's Day 2022 from California, and that was the first thing she remarked was how cold it was. Frankly, I don't think I have ever gotten acclimated to hot weather. I was just looking at my sweat pants today wondering if I'll ever get to wear them again. I really want to!

      Delete