Monday, January 31, 2022

I think we are leaving California, part II

 


It has been five weeks since I posted that I think we were leaving Californiaand now it is becoming more apparent. We put our house up for sale and had a three-day open house. Following that, we met with our realtor to sort through the offers and decided which to accept. That offer was chosen and we have since been in the process of selling our home. As my husband sees it, if all goes accordingly, we will be unemployed and homeless in four weeks. 

Over the Christmas break, my husband had twelve days off, which we had planned to use as a time to sift through everything in our garage, shed, and house and sort into keep, donate, or demolish piles. But it was not to be because my husband came home from work the Wednesday before Christmas with a fever and a sore throat. He had the fauci flu; a few days later I had symptoms, too. We only took home tests, and while his was positive, I'm pretty sure that is what I had, too, though my test was negative because either I did it wrong or it was too early to detect. We missed Christmas and New Years and sat home all week long doing nothing. That was the worst symptom of having the fauci flu: being isolated and doing nothing. It took three weeks for my husband to be completely 100% again, but my symptoms morphed into my typical winter cough from allergies, and I'm so sick of it! 

But enough of that. Having been set back two weeks and finally free of illness, we started the process and met with our realtor. She helped us set a price. Then I cleaned my house like never before and painted doors and window sills and baseboards, and even walls -- I do hate painting -- and prepared the house for showing. 

Each day of the open house, we (including our dog) had to be out of the house for several hours at a time, and each day God provided a place for us to go. Two of the days we spent with our very best friends from church, who have kids who are very best friends with our kids. And they loved having Dodger over, too! The third day we finally celebrated Christmas with my sister and her husband. 

Two days following the close of the open house we reviewed the offers we had received. We had twenty-two offers. Many of them were from people moving from Los Angeles to the High Desert. One person, we were told, remarked how you can buy a piece of property twice the size in Los Angeles for half the cost. As I also mentioned, there were twenty-two offers in three days, and the reason for that is because right now there is not enough inventory for the number of people looking for homes. Builders are not building and people are not selling, although I am beginning to see more "For Sale" signs popping up in my neighborhood. 

My beloved homemade bookcase

We had no reason not to choose the highest bid, and now it has been a week into the process. This weekend my husband and I, and sometimes our kids, completely cleaned out the garage and shed and made those piles we wanted to during Christmas break. We filled a dumpster of mostly building materials that my husband had collected over twenty-five years of living here, and added to a donation pile of items that can still be used but we cannot take. We feel pretty good about the progress we made. 

We have already reserved a trailer from UPack to ship our furniture and belongings, and we reserved an auto transport through Montway for our two other vehicles. Both will come at the end of February. My husband already gave his notice at work, and his last day is February 17. Our next big milestone is finding a rental home in our new state that we may have a destination address to receive us. 

I am excited and nervous and anxious and emotionally drained all the time. If this scamdemic was not an issue, I probably could enjoy the journey more; but I no longer feel like we are just escaping California. This current tyranny is global and it is larger than the state we are headed to - it is larger than my own country. And worst of all, my nation's "el-leet" are completely behind the global suppression of all individual liberty, freedom, property, and personal mobility. I no longer believe we are safer anywhere else. 

But I do know that God is in control. Whatever happens, He already knows it before it happens. He will be with us wherever we are, and He will provide a way for us to get through whatever is coming. In the end, it is His victory. The global "el-leet" are outside of God's protection. I pity them.

To be continued...  

Our realtor, my husband, me & Dodger, and our offers

No comments:

Post a Comment