Friday, December 30, 2022

First Nutcracker Performance in Florida

My girls have been performing in the Nutcracker for seven years? Maybe this was their eighth? When they looked for a dance studio here in Florida, it was imperative that the studio have a Nutcracker performance. And when they auditioned for the Dance Arts (like company) at this current studio, they did not know they were officially auditioning for this year's Nutcracker, too. They were used to a separate audition with call backs and then a big official announcement regarding who was cast as what. 

But this studio did not do that, and there was no major announcement. When my 17-year old found out that she was cast as snow queen via an email with all the cast assignments, she was shocked. After all, the studio had only seen her dance en pointe three separate occasions. She also was cast as waltz soloist and French back. 

It seemed to me -- after years of being intentionally overlooked and unfairly forgotten by the previous studio, and still persevering, doing her best in the roles she was cast while they placed certain mediocre girls ahead of her because of favoritism, not merit -- God saw what she had endured and He blessed her. And with His grace, He provided this opportunity for her. It was a blessing to finally see her in roles she was totally capable of. At least this studio considered merit as a requirement. 

In addition, my 14-year old was cast in waltz and Russian back. She was also cast as a butterfly, which was her first performance en pointe. She said she was nervous about it, but she did very well.  

Eva, first time performing en pointe:


Sophia as snow queen:




Sophia leaping, during waltz:

Sophia (far R.):

Sophia (2nd from L.):

My 14-year old (L.) suspended in the air, during waltz:

After the show, with guest dancers, Cavalier and Sugar Plum:

Backstage waiting their turn:

We're so very grateful for this dance studio. I told my girls that this was a lesson in perseverance and patience, while maintaining a good heart attitude through injustice (no matter how insignificant). 
We don't know what God is doing, but we know that He sees everything; He is just; and He brings blessings in His time according to His purpose and will, for His glory and our good.
It was worth the wait.

  And that's a wrap. 

4 comments:

  1. Wow!! Such an exciting accomplishment for your daughters! And how true - nothing is too small for God to see or care about... I had a similar experience this year, starting a new job I had nearly given up hope for, after 5 years of working towards it. God is good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Marian...I was just on GoodReads messaging you about how I tried to comment on your New Year's post, but couldn't. (WordPress hates me) :(

      Anyway, well, see! That's so great for you!! God is good. I read a quote once that said something like, "I think of times of patience as God preparing me." In other words, when we feel discouraged bc things are not turning out the way we want or in the timeframe we like, consider it a time that God is preparing you. It still may never turn out as you like, but the bigger point is the lesson and how you grow and mature in it. Also (like I told my girls), our attitudes are more important. In time, my daughter learned to laugh at her circumstance -- it didn't make her angry, sad, or want to quit. She kept her chin up, she worked the hardest, always showed up, and kept going.

      Delete
    2. Nooo, not the WP spam filter again... argh. I found your comment and approved it!

      Yes, being able to laugh is important. <3 Sometimes I think the world is just a cruddy place, but all the more reason to not let it get to us, if we can help it.

      Delete
    3. LOL...I just saw your comment.

      Because of all this, I have learned that my quiet and reserved kid is actually a comedian. She cracks me up, even though she's talking about herself.

      Delete